Missouri's premier revitalization conference, Get Plugged in Downtown, starts on Tuesday. We can't wait for you to see what's in store. If you haven't signed up you can still register online on the conference website or onsite the day of the conference. For those of you that have already signed up for this inspiring conference we've put together a top 10 list of things to know before you come below.
- The Registration Office is located in the Presidents Room on the 3rd Floor and will be open the following hours: Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Wednesday & Thursday: 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Main Street Basic Training courses in the Four-Point Approach® are all day Tuesday. Conference attendees who attend all four sessions/points and answer designated essay questions over each point may receive a Certificate of Completion at the Evening of Excellence.
- NEW! Certified Local Government** (CLG) workshops will be on Tuesday. Attend this two-part workshop for information on why you should be a CLG community and how you can utilize the CLG program to benefit your downtown.
- The “Main Street Clinic” (formerly Doctor Is In) is open 8 to 9 am and 1:15 to 2:15 pm on Wednesday and Thursday for anyone needing a boost of inspiration or a listening ear. By appointment only. Sign up at the MMSC registration desk.
- What to wear:
a) Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Conference Sessions: Business Casual (no jeans please).
b) Tuesday evening’s Opening Reception at The Culinary Center: Casual, non-flowy attire and kitchen safe shoes.
c) Wednesday and Thursday In-the-Field Tours: Casual attire and flat, sensible shoes.
d) Wednesday evening for the ShowMe Bash in Excelsior Springs: Casual attire and flat, sensible shoes.
e) Thursday evening, Wine Reception and Evening of Excellence Dinner & Awards: Semi-formal/Cocktail attire.
As conference hotel session rooms tend to be chilly, we suggest wearing layers or bringing a sweater or jacket.
- Weather forecast for the conference (as of 7/23/15):
Tuesday: High of 99 / Low of 75, Sunny, 0% Chance of Rain
Wednesday: High of 87 / Low of 65, Scattered Thunderstorms, 50% Chance of Rain
Thursday: High of 90 / Low of 67, Isolated Thunderstorms, 0% Chance of Rain
- Parking & Wi-Fi: Daytime parking is available to attendees for $10 per day. Passes will be issued at the MMSC registration desk. Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available for conference attendees in guest rooms and conference areas.
- Be sure to visit our fantastic exhibitors in the Expo Hall! They are there especially for you and offer a wide variety of services and products that will help to enhance your downtown revitalization efforts. The Expo Hall hours are:
Wednesday: 7:30 am – 1:00 pm; Thursday: 7:30 am – 12:15 pm w/PRIZE giveaway at noon!
- New! Is this your first Main Street Conference? A First Time Attendees session will be on Wednesday at 8 am. Also, look for the in the sessions descriptions in the program to help guide you on the best sessions track to help lay a foundation of knowledge to build your Main Street skills.
- This year, the conference surveys will be sent with a link via email to be completed online following the conference.
We're looking forward to seeing you this week!
**This workshop is partially funded by a grant from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, State Historic Preservation Office and the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service. Grant awards do not imply an endorsement of contents by the grantor. Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, handicap or ethnicity. For more information, write to the Office of Equal Opportunity, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C. 20240.